Sunday, May 15, 2005

Sweet Genesis

Friday the 13th seems like a blessing for a close friend of mine - she successfully delivered a wonderful baby girl! Genesis, that's her name - already she sounds like a spirited gal with strong lungs :)

Reflecting on this incident, I wonder if the government's policy, rather incentives to lure young couples to start a family early really works or is it just a mere coincidence? Anyway, I knew there and then when I held little Genesis in my arms that I have lost my scuba diving buddy - her mum; sad but a true reality.

After the hospital visit, had a brief chat over coffee with another gal pal. She is contemplating getting married and starting a family while her biological clock is still ticking. Then there was me, yup... what will I do?

Frankly, I don't know what lies ahead. All I know is that I am happy where I am right now, spending more time with grams and mum, redecorating my home sweet home and toiling through my studies. But at some point in time, I knew that I have to be less selfish.

Recently, over lunch, my colleagues who noticed that I've been 'spending late nights' at work asked, "What about your social life?"; I was stumped coz I didn't really thought about it. Yeah, what about it? For now, I'm happy going on casual dates (its not the same as casual sex, mind you!) without any exclusivity and to be honest, I like it. No strings attached while spending some clean, good fun catching up and exchanging ideas with the male species.

What I am driving home is that its not easy finding a good man; simply someone who is responsible and less selfish than I am (its a bonus if he's intelligent and has a cute butt). Over coffee me and my gal pal concluded that although it sounds cliche, having a man who is financially stable is practical (less complication). No longer are we, err especially women over 30, disillusioned by the notion of love. Interesting, eh? Think about it girls...

PS: Happy birthday, Daph!

No comments: